Think Research is changing the way healthcare is delivered - and not in the Buckley’s “tastes awful but it works” kind of way. We’re building software to give clinicians the information they need to treat patients better and faster. We’re growing fast (400 + hospitals!), and need some help keeping up with the demand.
Hungry and ready to make a difference? Well grab a quick snack, and then get in touch. Our team is looking for you.
Think Research solves challenges facing our healthcare system with innovative solutions that deliver evidence based practices and clinical support tools to front line clinicians. Think Research attracts passionate and innovative individuals that are driven to make a measurable impact. Our multidisciplinary team includes specialists and leaders in IT, clinical quality improvement, and clinical transformation.
The Clinical Research Coordinator will be working within the Clinical Research and Development team and reporting to the VP of Clinical R&D. The Clinical Research Coordinator is a research professional who is responsible for organizing and directing clinical research projects and coordination of knowledge translation projects. When there are active projects, your primary responsibility will be working with the direction of a principle investigation (PI), acting as administrator for workers involved in the project, and for the participants, and ensuring compliance with project requirements and objectives.
The kind of work you'll be doing
- Participating in varied projects and providing activity coordination including, but not limited to, assisting and organizing workers, completing and submitting paperwork/proposals, and performing data analyses
- Research-type project responsibilities:
- Recruitment of study participants
- Coordination of participant- related activities as per study protocol
- Execution/ delegation of all aspects of study requirements (e.g. assessment of adverse events, documenting, sample collection
- Collaborating with PI to generate project data submissions, reports, analyze data and track progress towards milestones.
- Plan and execute study-related administrative tasks:
- Collection of regulatory documents
- Creation of investigator study files
- Preparing REB submissions
- Liaise with study sponsors/stakeholders throughout duration of project in collaboration with internal teams
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors’ Degree in health-related field, or equivalent; Masters’ would be considered an asset
- Minimum two (2) year clinical research experience, experience with patient contact
- Certification as a Clinical Research Professional
- Experience with preparing required tools, implementing and supervising clinical trials, recruiting human subjects for clinical studies; working with participants from vulnerable populations, clinical project coordination/project management experience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to set priorities and work independently with accuracy in a multitasking environment
- Knowledge of ICH/GCP guidelines
- Knowledge of IATA shipping regulations and basic laboratory procedures an asset
- Strong Proficiency with MS Office software, Word, Excel, Google suite