Think Research is a disruptive and rapidly growing software company that is changing the way healthcare is delivered across Canada, in the U.S. and EU. We are passionate about what we do, and even more so about the amazing people that help make what we do possible.
We’re growing fast and we need all hands on deck. Hungry to make a change that will affect millions? Well grab a quick snack, we're looking for you.
- Be part of something special. It’s not every day that you get to change the way your friends and family are cared for.
- Our company culture is one of the things we are most proud of. Our friendly, talented, and energetic team makes coming into work feel like we're conquering more than just milestones in our healthcare system, but building strong friendships at the same time.
- Unbeatable downtown location right across the street from Union Station (and 30 seconds away from 17 different Starbucks locations!).
The kind of work you’d be doing:
We’re seeking a bright individual to join our team for a 6-month contract as a Mobile Designer. You’ll work alongside UX/UI designers, developers, product owners, and quality assurance in our integrated mobile team. Our ideal candidate is highly motivated, loves learning, and is willing to take creative risks.
As a Mobile Designer at Think Research, your primary goals will be to design our mobile apps across iOS and/or Android platforms. As an integral member to the UX/UI team, you’ll be a part of the design process – from user research to wireframing and testing, to designing high-fidelity user interfaces all in the pursuit of building amazing products. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Develop intuitive, usable, and engaging interactions and visual designs for mobile
- Creating user flows, information architecture and wireframes
- Working iteratively to develop ideas from sketches to high-fidelity designs
- Participate in the development process from definition, through design, build, test, release, and maintenance
- Collaborating with developers to craft designs that use modern standards and processes
- Collaborating with product owners to create seamless user experiences
- Ability to deliver high-quality work within a fast-paced environment
- Presenting finalized ideas and concepts to internal and external stakeholders
Your ideal qualifications:
- Diploma or degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction, cognitive science or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of working experience with mobile user interface design
- Knowledge of UX design processes
- Excellent understanding of user-experience design for mobile and the web, technology trends, demonstrable design skills, and ability to show relevant work
- Deep understanding of Apple’s human interface design guidelines, Android design and other mobile platform designs, including Google’s material design.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality designs to customers
- Strong self-starter who enjoys experimenting with ideas and approaches
- A team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- A love for learning about emerging design trends, standard, and technology
- Aptitude with designing, wireframing and prototyping tools including InVision, Omnigraffle, Sketch, etc.
Nice to have:
- Proficiency with HTML5, CSS3, especially their issues and quirks
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like LESS or SASS
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum
- Experience using JIRA and Google Suite Apps
Resumes are useful, but they don’t say much about a designer’s skills or passion. We would love to see a web portfolio of design work with any wireframes or user flow sketches. Please include a link to your portfolio in your resume.