Think Research is changing the way healthcare is delivered - no, really! - and not in the Buckley's "tastes awful but it works" kind of way. We are building software to give clinicians the information they need to treat patients better and faster.
We’re growing fast and we need all hands on deck. Hungry to make a change that will affect millions? Well grab a quick snack, we're looking for you.
- Be part of something special. It's not every day you get to change the way your friends and family are cared for
- Our company culture is one of the things we are most proud of. Our friendly, talented, and energetic team makes coming into work feel like we're conquering more than just milestones in our healthcare system, but building strong friendships at the same time
- Unbeatable downtown location right across the street from Union Station (and 30 seconds away from 17 different Starbucks locations!)
The kind of work you'd be doing:
We are seeking an energetic, extremely bright individual that has experience working directly with clients and can ensure appropriate support is provided to complete project deliverables in an efficient, effective and timely manner. We take a communicative and collaborative approach to product development. You’ll work alongside developers, UX/UI, and quality assurance in our integrated team.
As a Product Owner, you will be given the opportunity to truly improve health care by taking ownership of products by driving innovation and creating user-centric software solutions. This role involves learning quickly, providing solutions and using your great communication skills daily.
This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Be the voice for the users of our software solutions by taking the initiative to thoroughly understand and effectively communicate their needs
- Define and articulate the business case for product features and functionality with the main goal of enhancing user satisfaction and driving adoption
- Balance product discovery process with creating a viable product for customers in an iterative manner
- Build, prune and prioritize the backlog of user stories, tasks, and defects
- Strategically manage new product development by adopting effective agile project management practices
- Provide internal and external client support for all aspects of the product development lifecycle
- Contribute to strategic planning and product roadmaps
- Minimum 4+ years experience in IT product management and/or business analysis
- Minimum 2+ years experience working with an Agile/Scrum development environment
- BA/BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical field
- Experience to clearly define feature requirements (user stories) and acceptance criteria to the development team
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple competing priorities
- Experience leading effective meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication with the ability to tailor according to audience
- Adaptable and flexible to change in product scope
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical capabilities
Considered an Asset:
- Creating project documentation (e.g. project plans, statement of work & product documentation)
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web applications
- Designing simple and intuitive user interfaces through wireframes and mockups
- Using JIRA and Google Apps